Friday, February 19, 2010

ROAD TEST! The first LONG drive of 16336

*Special thanks to Ozzie and Brian for a great morning!*

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have never really put the car on a long drive. The furthest it has gone has been to Hollywood to my mom's condo via surface streets. I have never fully highway'd the car for a long period of time or for a long distance.

Ozzie had called me to see if i was interested in pushing my luck...haha. Since he had done some work on his car, and his son was down from college, why not see what would happen? At least with another driver with me, if anything had happened, I would not be too worried.

Brian came in driving his Mk II Supra, and Ozzie came with his car:




Brian's AMAZINGLY clean Mk II. This will serve as the camera car that Ozzie will be driving as he shoots the pictures.



The first picture of our cars together, as mine has never really been "done" enough to drive like I wanted. Ozzie's car is on the left, i'm on the right. Notice how LOW my car is compared to the stock height of Ozzie's car.



All three Sunday morning cruisers.





This is the first time i've ever seen the outside of my car while on the road! I'm the low car on the right. This could turn out to be the world's SLOWEST drag race....




It DRIVES!!! I-75 west bound on the way to US-27. Notice my custom door ding. It makes the car faster....



Ozzie's VERY clean car, with his lead footed son driving :D




This is only the 2nd time I have ever put gas in the car!



I-595 West Bound right before the 75 exchange. You can really see how low my car is. PERFECT.



Probably my favorite picture. Ozzie is a GREAT photographer! All this while driving!



Time to turn around and head south.


The results: My car and Ozzie's car were 100% perfect on this trip. Not one hiccup, not one issue. All in all, we drove for about 45 minutes straight, really stretching the legs of the cars. Brian's Supra was surprisingly quick, because I can see who he inherited his lead foot from! haha!

This was a GREAT morning for a drive! Very fun, great weather, and good friends. What can be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment