Friday, February 19, 2010

Budget building 101... trade, barter, sell... keep your overhead LOW!

Im a firm believer that you can get deals if you are patient and wait around. That's exactly what I did.

I was contacted by a guy off of facebook asking if I was interested in buying some DeLo parts for cheap. Sure! Why the hell not? I asked him what he had, and literally he had MOST of what I needed.

When asking what he wanted for the parts, he told me he was in dire need of a decent laptop. PERFECT! I have a laptop that was only a few months old that I really wasn't using as much as I thought I would be, so what better way to get parts?!? I selected the following parts:

- 140 mph speedo
- battery tie down strap
- aftermarket steering wheel collar
- all new side marker lenses
- hood emblem
- grille emblem
- black DMCH seat covers (new)
- NEW black DMC dash
- NEW ORIGINAL binnacle- black
- L and R door escucheons
- Ashtray
- DMC shirts
- NEW mirror switch
- Driver's side metal door handle
- DMC Banner/flag
- issues of DeLoreans magazine
- Aftermarket steering wheel
- Engine cover hinges
- Interior lights
- Glove box lid
- Rearview mirror

...and some other miscellaneous items.

I drove up to Orlando to scout schools, and while on the trip, headed to pick up the parts. The transaction was very smooth, and he took me to his warehouse to get the stuff. He said he got most of this stuff from an owner when he sold his car. The parts came with the car he was picking up. Pretty awesome score for me!

This really kept purchasing costs down.

I purchased the following:

1. dwell meter from Sears for $20.93
2. Long allen wrench set from Sears $12.99

total for that trip to sears: $33.92

Harbor freight has become my new Sunday morning cruise spot. Even if i dont buy anything, I like to just go walk around. Ozzie has been joining me lately, so company is always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment