Friday, February 19, 2010

INSTALLATION: Silverstar Headlights

Special thanks to Joe and Melissa for loaning me their garage once again! Without them, I'd be lost.

I spent time running around to different auto parts stores back in September, 2009 to find Silverstar headlights. The advantages are a cleaner beam of light, versus the yellowed water-filled lights that were currently on the car.

I purchased the low beams from Autozone off of 441 and Broward Blvd, and the High Beams from Pep Boys on Sunrise Blvd.




Here is Joe starting to remove the stripped screws from the passenger side. His screw driver was perfect for biting into the stripped heads.




My headlight buckets were no where as bad as I thought they would be. I will actually re-furbish the entire assembly later on in the future. Right now, they will hold up just fine.




One lesson we both learned: Both of our hands are too big for the tiny stainless steel screws used to hold the lens rings in place. There are now little screws rattling around in my fascia somewhere... oh well! That's restoration for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment